Saturday, June 29, 2013

Dirty Deeds

My hands trembled. I walked into the bar wearing my mothers high heels. I'm too young and its way past my curfew. The place is dark, the people talk and laugh amongst each other at small tables. people stand at the bar, waiving their money at the bartender.

"Hi" a guy in a black v-neck t-shirt and bright blue eyes comes up to me.
"Hi", I say trying to act cool

He asks me my name and then starts complimenting me on my outfit. I couldn't help but look at his arm band. It was silver chain with an inscription on it. He was allergic to something? Did he get seizures? I didn't understand why, but I felt something evil come over me. I felt possessed and upset. as he was telling me about his "cool band" called "the beefs", I looked at the glass of beer sitting on the table. All of a sudden I thrust the half full glass of beer at him. It drenched his torso, and he looked at me with the biggest look if shock. I didn't even apologize I just got up and walked out of the bar. I shuffled around in my purse for my cell phone. Shit it was gone. I shuffled around for my cigarettes. Good they were there.

The rest of the night was a blur. That's all I know.

"That's all you know?", the detective stared at me with a frustrated look on his face.

"That's it", I told him for the tenth time that evening.

It had been over 6 hours and I said the same strange story over and over gain. It was as if they believed me, but because it satisfied none of the gaps in the case I was fated to be scrutinized. I would rot here unless my memory returned. Wow this really was how people confessed to murders they didn't commit. How the hell was I going to get out of this?

No comments:

Post a Comment