Monday, June 7, 2010

June 2010 Novel Contest!

June 2010 Novel Contest !

Hello Blogworms!

As you may know I love to write. At some point in the future I would like to publish a novel, but unfortunately all of the books I've started have never been finished. They are ideas, plot descriptions then really kick ass intros, but never a full fledged novel. I believe it's due to procrastination, self doubt and a little bit of a perfectionist personality. Although I can't really complain because one of the reasons I write short stories is because of this problem, thus further deciding to publish them in this blog. I called it Blindfold after one of my favourite songs by Metric, and because I think it represents the power of writing. A blindfold forces creativity of the mind and passion of the soul. Words function the same way; when reading them or writing them. It's mind imagination as opposed to visual imagination.

I have decided to create this Novel Contest to give you an idea of the different types of books I have thought up, and the different types of plot ideas to go with them. Here's the deal:
  • I will give you a plot synopsis
  • A brief introduction (probably almost all of what I've written so far)
  • Under the story leave a comment and state: That it's your favourite, and WHY you like it.

What you need to do is vote for the best novel idea and intro! The winning novel will be further written, and at some point published (we hope right?)! The contest starts this Wednesday (June 9th, 2010) and ends at midnight on June 14th, 2010. That gives you a week of reading. All of the stories will be posted in a couple of days, so don't start voting UNTIL ALL FOUR novel ideas are posted.

Alright Blogworms, READ ON!

No comments:

Post a Comment